Financial and Compliance Advisor
This role will involve reviewing budget submissions from country consortium partners to ensure DFID compliance and accuracy. In addition, the candidate will be developing the proposal budget in line with DFID templates.
Our client works in 172 countries around the world, delivering sexual and reproductive health services and advocating for sexual rights. They are a Federation of autonomous, nationally owned Member Associations (MAs) with long-standing ties in their communities. Our client works through over 45,000 service delivery points globally, meaning it has the largest Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) network in the world. They are focused on empowering and expanding access to Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services to the underserved.
This role involves:
- Identifying anticipated cost drivers
- Determining cost strategy
- Reviewing budget submissions from country consortium partners and country level member associations to ensure accuracy, DFID compliance and alignment with the programme design
- Develop IPPF Central Office and Regional Office budgets
- Develop the proposal budget in line with DFID templates, ensuring sufficient detail and also prepare IPPF for a potential proposal submission
- Consolidate all budgets from partners into DFID template
- Provide ongoing compliance advice, to ensure that proposed project management and contract structures are designed in a way that facilitates DFID compliance
- Work closely with other members of the bid team, reporting to the Bid Manager based in London
- Liaise with IPPF's finance team in London to ensure alignment with IPPF policies and procedures
The successful candidate:
- Qualified accountant (min. 1 year post-qualification experience)
- Experience developing large-scale multi-country proposal budgets (min. £4m) within the INGO sector.
- Experience of DFID grant proposals and/or implementation.
- Applicants must be confident in working with finance and non-finance staff
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong skills with Excel and data analysis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience of working with service delivery organisations desirable.
This role will be between 275 - 325 per day.