Retail Management Accountant
This is a demanding but varied and extremely interesting role and will give you exposure to senior stakeholders across the business (finance and non-finance).
A top performing Utilities company based in Swindon with 15 million customers, 4,500 employees and 4,000 contractors across the South of England. The budget for the commercial arm of the organisation, where this role sits, is c£191m.
Review and present actuals, budgets and forecasts. Maintain reporting packs for cash & debt (Actual, Forecast and Budget), updating to meet changing requirements of management.
Complete weekly process which generates cash & debt numbers for each of the areas.
Production of information for the Forum Pack and attend the monthly Forum where issues relating to business debt are reviewed amongst stakeholders
Day to day duties and responsibilities may include:
- Producing management information reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Presenting all actual financial results, including comparisons of monthly performance with budgets, forecasts, and prior year performance.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for debtors, liaising with wholesale for billing forecasts.
- Preparing month end journals.
- Investigating variances to budgets and forecasts and providing commentary to explain them.
- Balance sheet Reconciliations.
- Production of aged debtor reports.
- Bank Account clearing.
- Analytical work to support decision making.
- Any other ad hoc requests.
- Aiding other members of cash and debt team, other finance staff and managers when required.
- To be successful in this role you will hold a recognised accountancy qualification and will have hands on experience in Management Accounting and analysis.
- SAP/BI/ERP/HFM experience will be advantageous.
- Excellent IT / Excel skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Able to build strong relationships with business partners.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary, plus benefits.