Financial Controller (Services Company)
A privately owned services business, with a footprint across Ireland and the UK, have retained Barden to identify a Financial Controller to take ownership of all internal finance as well as supporting the MD in a variety of operational activities. Based in Cork City this is a hands on role that owns every aspect of finance in this small, highly professional and corporate organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Financial Controller will be responsible for perfecting finance processes and, in collaboration with the MD, assessing the evolution of client services in time. Key responsibilities of the newly appointed Financial Controller will include:
- Preparation of management accounts on a timely basis
- Responsible for ensuring all financial reporting requirements are completed in accordance with company
- Implement and manage a strong financial control environment
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements
- Manage a small team through coaching and providing support to allow continuous improvement
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance team
- Identifying key trends to support planning and decision making
- Provide support and advice to the MD on all relevant matters
- Liaise with external auditors and advisors in relation to all reporting requirements
- Managing tax compliance for the company including liaising with external tax advisers and completion of annual tax returns
- Identifying and rolling out system and process enhancements
- Other Ad Hoc reports & projects as needs be.
- Ensure the smooth running of the finance function.
- Work with Legal and compliance to ensure the proper controls are in place
- Provide leadership and foster a culture of collaboration amongst the broader team
- Work with MD/CEO in perfecting the HR & Operational Policies and Procedures
- Ensure talent development plans are delivered which will strengthen the overall team
- Ensure that robust foundations are set quickly to allow for further growth of the business nationally.
- Test the efficiencies of existing policies procedures and strategies
- Work with the MD in maximizing the return on key revenue streams
- Play a key role in defining strategic priorities and the tactics to achieve same over the coming years.
"We are a small business with a very high profile client base - we need a consummate professional to come on board to become the financial conscience of the organisation. This is both a hands on role and one that will have broad strategic and operational responsibilities" - MD
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Qualified accountant with 10-15 years of accounting experience within a services or financial services environment
- Prior experience in a leadership role is essential
- Ideally experience working in a small corporate team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent Excel skills and must be IT savvy
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven, multi-task environment
- Ability to embrace change and comfortable working in a high growth, fast paced environment
- Well organized and structured with attention to detail
- Business oriented and ability to tailor messaging to multiple audiences
- Strong project management skills
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to accountants along each step of their career journey.
Apply for Financial Controller (Services Company)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly