TAX VP (US TAX)
- Strong conceptual understanding of general withholding tax concepts and rules and fundamental aspects of U.S. taxation of non-resident aliens ("NRAs"), including Qualified Intermediary Agreements, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ( FATCA) regulations and Intergovernmental Agreements (IGAs);
- Strong understanding of global market tax law and procedures as they relate to investment income flows, capital gains, and financial transactions;
- Familiarity with Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and other bi-lateral / multilateral tax information exchange regimes;
- Understanding of required U.S. and international tax documentation requirements (e.g., FATCA /NRA, Forms W-8 and W-9);
- Knowledge of European fund regimes (UCITs and non-UCITs);
The ideal candidate will be big 4 trained and have over 10 years tax experience working in financial services and well as experience dealing with US tax requirements. Asian languages such as Japanese or Mandarin would be well viewed for this position.