Financial Accountant job in the western suburbs within manufacturing paying $70000 - $75000 + super
Your new company
You will be working for a forward thinking and rapidly expanding manufacturer in the western suburbs of Melbourne. You will join a driven and dynamic finance team during an exciting period of growth and change for the business. This brand new job within the business will assist them in developing their finance function to reflect the growth they have experienced.
Your new role
You will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in ensuring financial reporting is timely and accurate. You will:
- Process GST reconciliations and complete BAS tax reports
- Prepare FBT annual tax return
- Assist the Financial Controller with backlog reports, quarterly business review process (BRP) and annual budgets
- Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Prepare general ledger journals and assist Financial Controller with preparation of month end reports
- Maintain regular reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts and provide ad hoc analysis of balance sheet and P&L items as required
- Process payment to suppliers in timely manner
- Monitor AR aging report to identify overdue invoices and provide information to sales and operation team to help chase payments from customers
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong background of financial accounting ideally within the manufacturing industry. You will be CPA/ CA qualified (or very close to completion) with a strong academic background. You will have experience of managing month end, taxation, reconciliations and will have a forward thinking and self motivated nature.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join a very successful and forward thinking business during a period of rapid growth for them. You will report into a strong Financial Controller who takes pride in developing their team. You will receive between $70000 - $75000 + super.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Sarah Gillespie on 93262149 for a confidential discussion on your career.