Fund Accounting Team Leader (Luxembourg Department), Senior Associate
Purpose of Role:
The Team Supervisoris responsible for the operational and staffing aspects of supervising a team in a busy and challenging environment.
- To supervise teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Fund Accountants
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Agree goals for team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Participate in & support company committees and initiatives.
Management of Service Delivery
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and Officer informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched to Donor Sites as required.
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures.
- Monitor errors and potential breaches; complete relevant documentation and ensure training needs are identified and relevant training is carried out. Record the error in the errors log and track progress.
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
- Fund review and other duties as assigned
- Maintain close contact with local manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in Donor Sites.
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts.
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc client/donor site meetings.
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems.
- Ensure appropriate training is provided for Direct Reports as and when required.
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with donor site and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in a Fund Accounting environment is preferable.
- Very good working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Level Of Education :
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous
Previous Level Of Experience:
Minimum 2 years in Fund Accounting/ Analysis/ Investment banking in a Supervising Position.
Core Competencies :
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Competitive benefits and salary package
- An International operating environment
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities.
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- Mobility of workforce and the encouragement of rotational career opportunities