The main functions of the role are to provide extractions and analysis of key business data, budgeting and monitoring of forecasts.
My client are a leading, high-end manufacturer of high-ticket items, based in Plymouth.
This role will have broad responsibilities across finance and the wider business, including:
- Overheads spend analysis
- Development budget analysis
- Marketing budget analysis
- Budget maintenance
- Purchace req system support
- Critical data overall responsibility
- Budget monitoring meetings with Directors
- Supervision of two support staff
- Development of warranty claims database
- Carpentry efficiency database
- Quality monitoring database
- R&D tax credit calculations
- APG cashflows
- KPIs to support board meetings and presentations
- Reports, charts and dashboards for key personnel
- Overheads budgets
The candidate should be a qualified accountant; ideally with a strong manufacturing background.
The candidate will interact with all levels of the business to director level, working with budget holders to monitor performance. The role reports to Group Financial Controller.
Strong IT skills are needed, especially Excel. The candidate will be expected to accurately manipulate and present data, as well as to develop reports and databases for manufacturing and support functions.
A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- That they have gone beyond providing the information required by the monthly cycle and are able to provide analysis which informs business decisions.
- Have worked with complex information from multiple sources.
- Have a deep knowledge of business processes in their current organisation
- That they have worked closely with non-financial staff; they have influenced change in the business.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary