Group Audit - Principal Auditor, Asset Management - Vice President
The Group Audit (GA) function comprises over 700 staff located in our four hub locations New York, London, Frankfurt, Singapore and 26 other countries across the globe.
The function is a professional, business focused, proactive risk-based global audit team that operates with transparency, integrity and independence, and assists the Bank's business and infrastructure areas to identify key control weaknesses.
The GA team prides itself in ensuring the highest standard in professional delivery. The function provides a systematic, disciplined approach to examine, evaluate and report objectively on the adequacy of both the design and operating effectiveness of the systems of internal control and the effectiveness of risk management and governance processes.
Being Deutsche Bank's ‘third line of defence' we have a high profile in the Bank acting as an independent and forward looking challenger and adviser to Senior Management and are increasingly relied upon by the Regulators.
Our global connectivity provides a stimulating environment and the opportunity to collaborate, network and share knowledge with intelligent colleagues and specialists around the world. Our colleagues are known for their agile minds, looking beyond the obvious, and challenging the status-quo in an open-minded, collaborative way. We consistently invest in our people, offering genuine opportunities for development and advancement.
As the Principal Auditor you will lead and/ or participate in audits in accordance with the Audit methodology, and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks with the primary focus on Asset Management (AM) topics in Hong Kong,. You may occasionally lead or participate in ad hoc projects and special investigations. You will work in a cooperative manner with subject matter experts and other teams from across the function to provide ‘front-to-back' audit coverage and actively contribute to the delivery of team plans in support of the functional and business strategies under limited supervision.
- Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits, with opportunities to travel and assist on AM coverage in other APAC countries.
- May lead a team on individual assignments.
- Implements dynamic planning through Continuous Audits and Risk Assessment of the business.
- Plans audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required.
- Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with divisional standards.
- Completes all assigned work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Proactively develops and maintains professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas.
- Partners with other divisional/teams during audit engagement to guarantee an integrated approach.
- Reviews and provides expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans.
- Presents complex and sensitive messages (such as audit issues) comprehensively and professionally and reduces complex topics to simple statements.
- Participates in exit meetings, drafts high quality audit reports for review by audit management, facilitates issue tracking and validates the closure of issues.
- Is a competent partner and challenger to clients in the closure process of findings.
- Communicates openly with divisional management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalates problems/delays accordingly.
- Responsible for interfacing with regulators during inspections and adhoc requests on topics relating to Group Audit and validating regulatory findings raised against the Asset Management legal entity.
- Keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Takes ownership for own development and career management, seeking opportunities to develop personal capability and improve performance contribution.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience.
- Professional/industry recognised qualifications e.g. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Sound audit experience and an understanding of the business, risks and regulatory requirements in the Financial Services industry. Asset Management audit experience preferred.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of auditing standards and concepts and their practical application.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and is able to understand and evaluate risk.
- Good understanding of global banking control environment.
- International experience, coupled with a familiarity of working within the operational requirements of a global bank.
- Experience in building and managing effective relationships.
- Able to work in virtual, global teams in a matrix organisation, transfer knowledge and develop capability of team members.
- Strong relationship management, analytical, problem solving, communication, influencing, planning and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills, communicating with clarity, both orally and in writing, in a logical order and structured approach.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.