Senior Compliance Manager - Privacy
Global fintech firm, who are developing there regional compliance function are seeking an experienced privacy compliance professional ensure compliance with international privacy and data protection laws.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative to interact with multiple teams to collaborate effectively, to ensure effective rollout of privacy requirements. He/she will need to work well under tight timelines and rapidly evolving business development, effectively prioritizing key work area in a fast paced multi-cultural work environment. He/she will also need to be assertive and take a proactive approach to the delivery/implementation of privacy requirements.
- Develop procedures to effectively implement privacy policies.
- Communicate privacy requirements effectively to various internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure privacy requirements are operationally implemented and complied with.
- Review relevant datamaps to ensure privacy requirements are in place.
- Handle and manage incident response efforts.
- Support privacy legal and compliance function to ensuring compliance with privacy and data protection laws.
- Work closely with the other Legal and Compliance teams, business teams, as well as Info-security, IT and customer service to develop and maintain our Privacy Compliance Program.
- Manage and develop relationship with privacy regulators in various jurisdictions.
- Support business expansion and the development of new products and services, enabling the development of information products and solutions.
- Support audit exercises, due diligence exercises and license application processes.
- Conduct internal compliance training and education program from time to time.
- LLB or bachelor degree in accounting, business or finance.
- At least 10 - 15 years of relevant compliance or similar experience (at least 3 - 7 years of which handling privacy compliance).
- CIPM certification preferred.
- Strong regulatory and compliance knowledge and skills.
- Commercially minded with excellent interpersonal skills and experience working with colleagues across non-legal/compliance disciplines
- Knowledge of FINTECH, payment systems, financial licensing and similar regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication skills and a team player (yet the ability to work independently) who can work under pressure and inspire confidence in others.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Regional travel will be required to be sucecssful in this role
- Familiarity with BCR framework (‘Binding Corporate Rules') and related rules and practices and Privacy by Design and Privacy Engineering principles and practices a big advantage