Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
The temporary division of Robert Half is looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst on a temporary basis for 2-3 months.
In the position of Senior Commercial Finance Analyst you will be required to do various duties, including;
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager in proactively maintaining, developing and continually improving, for example, (standard) pricing / cost models and business or contract review processes.
- Work alongside the Commercial Finance Manager to provide financial modelling and business evaluation and recommendations of new and existing service lines and propositions, improving the commercial decision support on price, mix and margins.
- Work alongside the Commercial Finance Manager to apply sound and robust reasoning to the pricing of new commercial opportunities. .
- Drive the finance elements of "contract" implementation to ensure accurate customer billing.
- Proactively support the Commercial Finance Manager in providing insightful commercial and financial analysis to ensure clear explanations of business performance for the relevant contract area segments
- Support contract management to ensure all terms are correctly applied and maximised
- Proactively investigate variances in expected commercial contract performance to identify the root cause and support in corrective actions as required.
- Engage with sales colleagues to deliver (and ideally exceed) deadlines and expectations
- Collaborating with the relevant operational teams to support the process improvement to ensure optimal contract performance.
- Play an active role in the budgeting and forecasting cycle - for example, therapy/contract level projections
- Become a recognised Finance therapy "expert" in designated therapy areas - including understanding of operational cost recharges so that any commercial decisions can be made with sound reasoning about incremental returns.
- Proactively review and challenge Commercial Finance tools, processes and ways of working to drive efficiency and/or incremental value from what we do. Assist in developing systems and processes to enable effective and efficient commercial management and control of resources to maximise both revenue and profitability.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent). Part qualified / finalist will be considered based on experience and future aspirations
- Strong financial and commercial experience including performance and process improvement.
- Good leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Team orientated.
- Analytical and numerate
- Ability to champion continuous improvement and customer focus.
- Well organised, flexible, pro-active and adaptable
- Good influencing skills
- Able to work under significant pressure and intensity - handling multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Ability to clearly communicate / present at all levels
- Desire to learn and question / self starter
The position of Senior Commercial Finance Analyst will require at least 5 years experience of financial analysis, financial and management reporting in a fast moving, operationally focused blue chip organisation, with experience of facilitating significant business change. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and poor quality data and providing high quality, validated output to challenging time-lines. The successful person will also be quick to learn, methodical, with good communication skills, strong analytically and a high attention to detail, who is comfortable working independently and on own initiative to deliver requirements. Finally, a pragmatic and flexible approach is needed, given the business is embarking on a period of significant change.
The position of Senior Commercial Finance Analyst will be paying up to £250-300 on a daily basis. There is free parking on-site and excellent facilities.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.