Senior Management Accountant
6 days left
- Level of qualification
You will be supporting the Finance Manager and business management team in providing reporting and insight
A leading utilities provider
- Working with the operations teams to provide financial support and analysis to support operational decisions
- Improving our understanding of the relationship between activity, operational performance and cost, and assisting the Finance Manager in setting a plan that achieves operational and financial objectives.
- Tracking and driving business improvement initiatives.
- Working with other team members and Finance Manager to identify and deliver opportunities to improve control and efficiency.
- Reviewing systems used in the business unit and identify and prioritise areas for improvement.
- Participate in Business User Groups in order to push developments.
- Ensuring capital recharges are appropriate and that the business gets the best value for the allowed spend.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in preparing budgets and forecasts for operational and capital expenditure, and in measuring and understanding performance against these measures.
- Preparation of month end accruals and entering accounting journals as necessary.
- Responsibility for reconciling balance sheets within span of control in accordance with group procedures.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in producing all Regulatory and Statutory reporting required in the business unit.
To be successful with your application you will need to be a Qualified Accountant with (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent qualifications).
You will need to possess excellent analytical skills and have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels. You will need to be proactive to identify opportunities to improve what we do and drive them through to completion. Due to the nature of the role we will need you to have strong management accounting experience which is backed up with business acumen.
Lastly, we require someone who has excellent IT skills including SAP and Microsoft Excel.
Offering a salary of up to £50,000, depending on skills and experience.