Management accountant role at a Financial Services company based in the City.
The view is that the management accountant would step into the role of the Financial Controller in a few years.
The company act as an investment platform and mainly focus on pension funds.
To provide a monthly management accounts function for the Finance Department
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure that all journals are posted to the ledger according to the month end timetable, and assist in reviewing the draft accounts.
- To ensure that the balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- To reconcile both accounting systems after the month end accounts are finalised.
- To check accuracy of cost coding and cost allocation of invoices and expenses before invoices are posted on to the system, and open new accounts as and when required.
- To ensure that the fixed asset register is updated with additions and disposal of assets and agreed to the balance sheet.
- To ensure that the monthly depreciation is charged and allocated to the correct division.
- To agree the Hire purchase and leased asset schedule with payments made each month, and reconcile the capital outstanding and interest payments.
- As and when required, make payments and transfers through the banking system.
- Ensure that all petty cash claims are approved by line manager.
- Prepare that monthly reconciliation and replenish the petty cash float.
- Allocate cost and prepare summary of petty cash expenditure for the month
- To review all invoices for processing and to deal with nay related queries
- To carry out all purchase ledger payments by BACS via the banking system
- Any other task that may be reasonably assigned to the job
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have 2 Years experience of working in a general accounts department.
- No formal accountancy qualifications required but any held may be and added advantage.
- The candidate must be numerate with a good understanding of business and accounting language.
- Must have experience in purchase ledger accounting package, (Experience in "Opera" would be and advantage) Excel and Word.
- Self Management, Organisation & Planning
- Team player
- Communication, Persuasion & Interpersonal Skills
- Accuracy & Quality/Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
The successful candidate will receive up to £45,000 plus full Study Support, Bonus and Benefits.