Associate - Management Accounting
A Management Accounting role within a large Financial Services company based in the City of London.
The candidate will need strong interpersonal skills to liaise with various stakeholders across the region.
This person should also have strong analytical skills preferably have TM1 experience. There will be an Excel test as part of the process.
To assist the Senior Associate Director, Management Accounting to maintain and further develop the Management Accounting function.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Production of EMEA Regional Financial Results and provide insightful information for Management Committee Report.
- Assist in the preparation of annual EMEA Regional Budget and monthly forecasts.
- Analyse expense trends of EMEA Branches/Subs/Reps and London Departments and provide commentary on comparison against budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Assist with the Regional Cost Allocation processes.
- Preparation of month-end accruals, prepayments and reconciliations.
- Review and approval of expenses using in-house Expense Processing System (EPS).
- Production of other customer reporting, including divisional/cost centre reporting, and Head-office reporting.
- Provide support and cover for the rest of the Management Accounting and Expense Processing Team as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience of annual budgeting, consolidation and forecasting especially in a Head Office function.
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders across the region.
- Accuracy and eye for detail.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts.
- Strong numerical analysis and data interpretation.
- Advanced MS Excel, preferably macro skills.
- Ability to investigate variances to define issues/ drivers and explain to management concisely.
- Experience of month end reporting and a proven ability to operate to tight deadlines.
- Experience of IBM Cognos TM1.
- Experience in Sun Accounts and Vision.
- Knowledge of the expense allocation processes.
Key Behaviours/Competencies Required: (see Appraisal Guide)
- Team working
- Relationship management
- Customer service
- Planning and organisation
- Delivering results
The successful candidate will receive up to £45,000 dependant upon experience, as well as this my client offers and competitive benefits package.