Interim Financial Reporting Accountant
This is an interim financial reporting accountant with a global, FTSE listed pharmaceutical brand. It will last circa 10 months on an inital period and will commence ASAP
Multinational, FTSE listed pharmaceutical organisation.
Scope of Responsibility:
* The position will report into the Trading Partner Finance team
* Responsible for ensuring the timely completion and provision of accurate financial reporting and accounting in line with relevant accounting rules and regulation
* Compliance with both Corporate Finance guidelines reporting along with financial integrity
* The role requires the individual to practice the highest professional ethical standards
* To ensure documentation exists and internal control procedures are in place for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
* To be a key contact for External audit on all aspects of financial reporting to ensure all audit deliverables are achieved
* Financial data is compliant with the companies accounting policy and all applicable accounting standards and regulations
* Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements where appropriate
* Participate fully in our site's quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to
* Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable to role
* Management Policies relevant to your job role
* Attend training and complete assessments as required The primary purpose of the role is to undertake, support and take ownership of all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, detailed review and commentary for a selected business unit. The role will ensure all processes and controls are robust and compliant with IFRS and SOX requirements.
* Work closely with the offshore shared service financial reporting team to ensure the timely, accurate and compliant delivery of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS for the trading partner entity.
* Drive the quality and integrity of financial data through detailed analysis and review. This covers in-depth reviews of the trial balance, reconciliations, bank balances, foreign currencies and sub-ledger transactions.
* Business partnering with stakeholders including the corporate finance team and commercial markets (local operating companies) to support accurate reporting and to provide financial insight. Present monthly to the local finance team giving an in-depth explanation of financial performance against comparatives.
* Monitor and support the timely settlement of inter-company receivables and payables; focusing on aged balances and foreign currencies to minimise exchange rate exposure.
* Support the statutory accounting team in the preparation of the annual statutory/financial statements for Trading Services and other trading partners adhering to group reporting deadlines. Prepare and co-ordinate the provision of information with the offshore finance team, Corporate Accounting, Global Tax and EATA. This information will be used for the annual accounts, disclosure notes, tax and VAT returns
* Manage the intercompany processes with the outsourced finance team to ensure matching/netting is 100% accurate, GRNI/logging is cleared and debt is settled on a timely basis
* Responsible for providing weekly and monthly KPIs including updating and discussing metrics at weekly comm. cell board meetings
* Work with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audits and compliance reporting
* Collaborate with other shared finance services teams (P2P, SCF Data, SCF Invoicing, R2R, Tax & Stats, VAT and other) to develop and maintain robust controls and data integrity
* Managing detailed analysis on exchange gain and losses on AR/AP, alongside with treasury team to reduce EGOL exposure on various currencies such as USD, EUR, JPY, CAD. Including review and analysis of prior month, spot rates and daily rates impact on intercompany and third party balances
* Review aged debt report and ensure intercompany payments/ receivables are in accordance with the company corporate guidelines.
* Ensuring financial issues are readily resolved with our business partners,
* Degree in Business / Finance subject area Qualified accountant or equivalent previous experience in a finance role,
* Comfortable with Finance Systems, excellent Excel skills
* Technical knowledge of inventory management in an operational business
* Good reconciliation and issue resolution skills, accurate
* Calm under pressure, able to plan and balance conflicting demands
* Demonstrable track record of achievement and delivery to deadlines
* Able to see 'big' picture and capable of thinking beyond immediate area of responsibility.
* Able to work alone, seeking appropriate input and feedback
* Credible and comfortable dealing with senior management
* Qualified accountant /Part Qualified /Qualified by experience.
* Background in financial accounting, management accounting and analysis
* Understanding of operations within a large multinational corporation
In addition to the above we would like to see the following from candidates:
* Ability to work as part of a team and assist other team members as required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary
* Identify issues quickly and implement corrective action
* Ability to think "outside the box" and look beyond current ways of working
* Work with different groups across the organisation to develop and implement solutions.
* Ability to work as part of a team and assist other internal and external team members as required
* Constantly reviewing processes to ensure they are fit for purpose
* Work to ensure manual processes are automated where possible
Enable & Drive Change
* Take lead role in implementing improvements
* Drive process improvements and automation.
* Assist in the development of financial processes to support new business requirements arising from ongoing business developments
* Respond to customer queries in a timely & efficient manner
* Responsible for ensuring customers requirements are understood and met consistently
* Build solid and productive working relationships with intercompany and third party contacts
Interim 10 month + contract paying circa £290 daily.
FTSE listed brand name organisation
Significant internal progression opportunities