Acting as the number one in finance for a small charity reporting to the chief executive based near Portsmouth.
A really amazing small charity that manage to deliver so much with so little. Working within the South West and South Coast they support the active inclusion on a vunerable group within society. they provide our reach services, family support and facilities to their target audience and often act a front line interaction with child and adult services to support their customers.
Based in and around the Portsmouth and Southampton area they are currently helping hundreds of people live a full and happy life through their programmes.
- Ensure compliance with current financial and charitable legislation and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with current data protection and information security legislation and requirements
- Be responsible for the risk assessment and management of the charities funds and expenditure and bring any cause for concern to the attention of the Chief Executive.
- Be responsible for the preparation of forecasts and budgets and monitor such budgets to identify potential savings and over spending, and follow up work with all services.
- Manage accounting and information systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Represent finance at Board/Committee meetings and at Business reviews.
- Undertake as required negotiations relating to procurement of services provided to Autism Hampshire, or delivered by the charity
- Review the charities cash security and Banking arrangements as necessary.
- Be responsible for the debts due in relation to goods and services supplied to the charity.
Co-operate with all the charities staff in maintaining good relationships with outside agencies and the general public in order to uphold the charities image and work.
- Ensure that your conduct within and outside the charity does not conflict with the professional expectations of the organisation
- Actively support, promote and adhere to the charities policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to all fire and health and safety regulations at all times.
- Cooperate with all the charities staff in order to maintain harmonious inter personal relations.
- Carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the position, the title of the post and its grading as required
- Be committed and responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults in line with the charities Safeguarding Policies and Procedures and in accordance with the post as appropriate.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ qualified accountant
- Credit Control
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Preparation of Budgets
- Strategic planning and Development
- Management of people
- Third sector/Care Sector would be a distinct advantage
- SAGE Accounts
- Understanding of Data Protection
- Understanding of charity accounting
- Excellent team player
- Excellent communication
- Excellent analytical skills
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Benefits.