Assistant Manager, Economic Capital - HSBC Insurance
If you're looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong's largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Manager, Economic Capital.
In this role, you will
- Support the Economic Capital team within HSBCs Actuarial and Risk Analytics team in Asia, primarily serving HSBC and the Hang Seng insurance entities.
- Support the managers in the team in the production of Economic Capital valuation results, Economic Capital movement analysis and other supporting analysis and validation checks.
- Support the monthly assessment of the market consistent value of new business.
- Production of projected Economic Capital balance sheets for the long term annual operating plan.
- Support Economic Capital model and assumption changes through testing and impact analysis.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Knowledge of industry good practice and regulations such as Solvency II around economic capital.
- Strong technical knowledge of insurance modelling methodologies and techniques, including liability modelling, Economic Scenario Generators and Asset Liability modelling.
- Experience of being involved in a valuation process with strong focus on team work and team culture.
- Ability to form effective relationships with key senior stakeholders, within the Insurance teams and across the Bank.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009IQM
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited