Sanctions Screening Manager - Financial Crime Compliance
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Financial Crime Compliance aligns current activities within Global Risk and helps to build these into a more integrated framework to conduct Customer Due Diligence which enables HSBC to manage financial crime risk more effectively. It builds stronger controls to improve the way Financial Crime Compliance risks are managed in order to spot gaps as well as trends so that the team can take action. It proactively gathers and analyses financial intelligence in a smart way so that suspicious transactions, activities or connections can be identified and we can adequately protect our customers from the threat of financial crime.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Sanctions Screening Manager.
In this role, you will
- Fulfilling and executing required Regional level alert investigation\
- Support Alert Investigation Lead in identifying Sanctions themes and trends in particularly payment focus all false positive alerts are supported by full documentation to discount the alert true matches are escalated in the correct manner and within agreed timescales
- All alert cases have full and accurate documentation that is completed in a timely manner within agreed timescales
- Alert Investigation root cause analysis is completed intrusively
- Effectively supporting the Alert investigations Lead and providing subject matter expertise to the implementation of globally led Sanctions change initiatives within Region and more specifically within Regional Alert Investigations Team
- Ensure full adherence to Global Standards Policy within Region, including but not limited to related Sanctions Guidance and Operating Procedures
- Where identified escalate Sanctions breaches in the appropriate manner to the required escalation point
- Work closely with Regional Alert Investigations Lead to provide assistance in working with the Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring and Testing function and Financial Crime Compliance Assurance team to ensure effective deployment of system and procedural changes as required
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and ensure reasonable time is taken for learning and developmental activities
- Develop positive and professional working relationships with all team members and colleagues at a Regional and Country level
- Successfully complete Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions training and post-course assessment, as required
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Risk professional with experience in one or more risk compliance roles, to include Sanctions experience
- Knowledge of Sanctions regulations and guidance
- Knowledge of Interbank Financial Telecommunication messages preferred but non-mandatory
- Experience within the financial services industry
- Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
- High level of English language skills
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Ability to adapt to change and provide input where necessary
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009KOJ
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited