The role will use analysis to drive enhanced planning and optimal decision making. It is critical in controlling major cost areas and providing finance business partner support to senior management.
My client are a leading organisation in Wiltshire within the Technology/manufacturing space. They are world-renowned for their market-leading entrepreneurialism and cutting edge design.
Accountabilities Understand and document key processes, whilst seeking streamlining opportunities.
Project manage and drive through change initiatives as identified.Build a firm knowledge and understanding of Group Finance and how processes interact and overlap.Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is prepared for key group functions including incisive commentary, with detailed analysis of spend.Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate monthly re-forecasts.To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.Develop KPI reporting and analysis.Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to set best practice across the organisation.Review of monthly commitments and preparations of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the team.Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with finance teams in the business units together with non-finance managers.
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate.
- Proven track record of cost process optimisation.
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes.
- Excellent spread sheet skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive, 'will do' attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business.
- Robust personality.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Prior experience of Cost/Management Accounting is essential (2+ years minimum).
Desirable Attributes: Investment Appraisal/Financial modelling of commercial decisions.
The role will pay an excellent basic salary, plus benefits.