Interim Financial Reporting Accountant
The role has responsibility for the preparation of monthly financial results (management reports and statutory entity reports) in line with the Group's policies and will have accountability for presenting them to the Head of Financial Reporting, Head of Finance and Director of Finance. Key responsibilities also include process change and improvement.
Based in Brighton
- Preparation of monthly management and statutory financial results; month end close process, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly actuals reporting for flash and full close for each of the regions, along with variance analysis and commentary
- Preparation of monthly actuals reporting for flash and full close for the business
- Develop financial reporting to meet changing business requirements
- Monthly cash flow analysis and reporting
- Assists Financial Accounting Lead with checks to ensure that all accounting and financial control policies are understood and applied within the business.
- Proactively working to improve the financial reporting processes and controls within the function and management of process documentation.
- Act as liaison with internal/external auditors, and prepare required reporting/documentation to meet requirements.
Complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with relevant post qualification experience
- Strong financial reporting background, with good understanding of general and/or life insurance accounting
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Excellent Excel skills
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus
- Demonstrable problem solvency skills
- Proven people management ability
Additional skills required
- Demonstrating ownership and accountability.
- Adaptability and flexibility especially in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across finance teams
£450 - £550 per day