Cost Accounting project to be involved in the set up and developing of costing for a successful manufacturing business - a commercial job focusing on process and system improvement as you help the business grow profit and cut waste through efficiency savings. Open to either a part time or a full time candidate.
Focusing on standard cost and margins you will complete in-depth variance analysis and be based on the shop floor communicating to key stakeholders throughout the manufacturing process. Completing value added projects you will play a key role within the finance department in continuous improvement including supporting a costing data migration onto an ERP finance system.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will take full project responsibility for the cost management analysis and reporting of the business.
Key duties as well as playing an active role in the development of the ERP system include:
- Maintaining, reviewing and analysing the standard costs of production
- Providing analysis of cost and manufacturing variances
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory, Unit cost reporting, and energy reporting
- Monitoring inventory transactions, and stock reconciliations
- Assisting with preparing the standard cost budget for the year as well as regular forecasts
You will need extensive previous experience working within a manufacturing environment in a role involving costing and ERP systems. You will be confident with standard costing, budgeting and forecasting and have good stakeholder communication skills. Advanced Excel experience a must.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.