Compliance, Global Compliance Training, Analyst/Associate, Hong Kong
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
This individual will work closely with the global team to support both divisional and functional Compliance groups on various Compliance training initiatives focused on managing regulatory and reputational risk. Responsibilities include developing training materials and coordinating training sessions.
The Global Compliance Training team (with members in Bengaluru, London, New York and Hong Kong) works with the broader global Compliance division on providing Compliance learning for the entire firm and development opportunities for Compliance personnel.
Team members, from the different locations, collaborate on global projects and on divisional coverage.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist in the implementation of training programmes
- Support of firmwide Compliance training (e.g., respond to mailbox inquiries, completion reports; support of firm training initiatives)
- Manage logistics of the firm's mandatory Compliance training program and monitor firmwide completion / follow-up processes
- Set up training sessions through coordination with conference services and Compliance
- Set up training requirements in firm systems
- Enter training registrations and attendance
- Create training communications notifying participants of training requirements, reminders and follow-up information
- Produce reports and review/analyse data and completion rates
- Provide training metrics on firmwide, divisional compliance training at varying frequencies
- Assist divisional Compliance with training tracking spreadsheets
- Assist with gathering Compliance training data/metrics for internal and external regulatory audits and inquiries
- Assist in design and development of online training materials using PowerPoint and/or Adobe Presenter
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to think critically, analyse problems and develop creative solutions
- Self starter - motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and fast learner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure environment
- Highly adaptable to change and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience in the financial services environment
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.