Assurance Support - IDNET Data Expert - Senior Accountant
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY are looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior analyst to support the Assurance business in a dynamic client facing and analytical team.
The role of IDNET Data Support, based in Hong Kong, will be responsible for supporting delivery of data analytics by the Assurance practice, working as part of a broader, client facing team. The main focus of the role will be efficiently delivering a range of standard data analytics to audit teams using pre-defined techniques.
- Transform and validate a variety of client financial and non-financial data for use in our standard audit analytical procedures
- Identify, investigate, recommend and implement resolutions for data related issues (completeness, accuracy)
- Coordinate work on a portfolio of engagements to meet deadlines
- Identify and leverage opportunities for efficiencies in our internal processes
- Develop your data handling, analytical and client systems skills on broad range of systems and scenarios
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Ability to form productive working relationships with internal clients
- Attention to detail in investigating, communicating and solving problems in relation to data and processes
- Willingness to learn and develop your current data transformation and analysis skills
- Ability to deal well with pressurized situations such as frequent deadlines
- Ability to manage time effectively including when working with many tasks
- Experience of data transformation and/or analysis (preferably involving financial and/or process data)
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel and all MS Office Suite products
- Sound working knowledge of MS Access/MS SQL Server/SQL Server Integration Services
- Competent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience with and understanding of financial data preferred