Finance, Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA), Product Analysis and Control Team...
Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (CRMA)
CRMA is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRMA is staffed globally with offices in New York, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, San Paulo, and Salt Lake City. As a member of CRMA you will interface with a variety of divisions around the firm (Securities, Banking, Legal, Compliance, Operations, etc.) as well as the other regional CRMA offices. The interaction with numerous departments and the diverse projects that ensue allow for a challenging, varied and multi-dimensional work environment.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm's wide array of banking and trading business. CRMA professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence, and career development opportunities for our people.
CRMA's Singapore office works closely with CRMA's offices in London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo across several key functions:
- Product risk management, including credit limit and settlement risk monitoring, limit exception management, risk exposure analysis and reporting, and post-trade risk management processes. All of these areas are critical to our ability to effectively monitor and manage the risks we take across the counterparties with whom we trade.
- Counterparty evaluation, including assessing and monitoring the creditworthiness of the firm's trading counterparties and borrowers by completing fulsome reviews of their financial and business profiles
- Product Analysis and Control Team (PACT) within CRMA focus on the product-related aspects of credit risk and are responsible for the integrity of the controls and processes that are used to monitor the credit risk that we take across the firm's traded products. PACT analysts will gain expertise and understanding of the counterparty risk that is generated by the various derivatives and other products that the firm trades with its counterparties. They will also gain familiarity and expertise with the firm's systems and infrastructure, including good working knowledge of the methods used to model and monitor credit risk across various products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs seeks highly motivated candidates who have a track record of professional success and outstanding achievements in academic and extracurricular activities. We are looking for driven and innovative team players who have a keen interest in business, the financial markets, and risk management.
• Commitment to quality and control
• Problem solver and teamwork oriented
• Strong Excel skills and ability to use VBA programming are required
• Basic knowledge of financial markets
• Commitment to excellence and to developing own expertise
• Strong analytical skills and ability to understand mechanics of derivative products
• Professionalism and composure
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.