Contract Senior, Singapore Financial Reporting, Group Finance
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Maintain accurate and timely Bank financial records which are in compliance with Singapore accounting standards and DBS accounting policies.
- Analysis of the Bank's financial performance.
- Participate in implementing best in class financial reporting and disclosures standards and performing benchmarking practices where required.
- Assist in the financial close process, which includes preparation and review of manual journal entries.
- Follow up and resolve any problems relating to the financial accounts preparation, including resolution of intercompany reconciliation issues.
- Participate in implementing new accounting standards changes.
- Participate in implementation of Finance systems and standard operating processes to achieve adequate controls over maintenance of proper financial records, including GL account ownership and substantiation procedures.
- Identify and drive finance systems/process efficiency.
- Handle ad-hoc assignments as and when necessary.
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of finance experience, preferably from a financial institution or Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Solid accounting skills with knowledge of IFRS and Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, especially in the area of Financial Instruments.
- Strong financial reporting background. Familiarity with financial reporting process in a large financial services company would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of financial products and services.
- Strong Excel skills and competent in handling voluminous data
- Team player who is able to communicate at all levels.
- Keen analytical skills and attention to details.
- Self-starter / Self-driven with a strong control and change mindset
- Ability to problem-solve and think out-of-the-box. Possess tenacity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.