v*Inspired is a digital platform providing young people with opportunities to gain new experiences and skills for life by taking action on causes they care about and are looking for a hands on Financial Controller to join their team, based in Westminster, London.
v*inspired launched in 2006 and since then have made big changes in the way that young people view volunteering and the way that charities value young volunteers. You will be joining them at an exciting period in their journey, as they explore fresh ways to inspire young people and seek new, sustainable funding streams. The charity itself is the UK's leading volunteering charity for 14 - 25 year olds, it helps young people to make their mark on causes that they care about, whilst learning new skills and talents along the way.
The Financial Controller role, based in Westminster, London, is critical to the wider success of the Corporate Service function, and to the success of v*inspired as a whole. The role will be professionally responsible and accountable for ensuring the provision of the financial reporting to enable the charity to achieve its aims and objectives through the effective and efficient management of its financial resources.
The role reports into the Director of Corporate Services and some of the responsibilities include:
- Preparation of financial statements at year end and management of the audit process
- Effective budget management across the organisation including meeting and liaising with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Manage finance and non-finance stakeholders for each of the contracts across the organisation, including oversight of the budget and financial model
- Monthly management accounts
- Maintaining organisational financial control
- Ad Hoc Projects
- Manage and develop the finance officer
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong financial and management reporting experience that can be evidenced through experience. Alongside this, you will be able to manage and build relationships with finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels. Although applications from all sectors are welcomed, experience of working in a commercial, fast paced environment would be highly beneficial. This role requires someone who is pro-active, with a hands on approach.
£40,000 to £50,000
30 days annual leave