Client Service Specialist, Associate 2
Purpose of Role:
To support the Client Service Support Team Supervisor.
Under supervision of Team Supervisoror Manager, the Client Service Senior Administrator provides direct client service support to internal clients, investment managers and central support teams to ensure timely and error free processing of and facilitate the resolution of problems related to complex events
- Takes leading role with team supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Reviews tasks/reports and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Provides inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high risk asset servicing functions.
Reporting and reconciliation
- Preparation and review of the reporting for client purpose e.g. Kpi or boardpacks.
- Perform oversight of transactions to present or assist in the resolution of failed trades, overdrafts and other problems that may arise.
- Track and conduct research to resolve issues and respond to inquiries from external clients or internal departments and maintain accurate records of follow-up actions and client contact.
- Continually evaluate current processes to strive for increased efficiency.
- Updating various logs and spreadsheets and control checklists on a regular basis.
- Produce monthly and annual reporting requirements and seek validation.
- Produce meeting agenda’s materials and minutes and seek validation.
- Produce ad hoc clients reporting requests and seek validation.
Communication & relationships
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in donor sites.
- Proactively identifies service issues with client facing impact and brings them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution.
- Initiates communication to clients on complex asset servicing matters.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keep team supervisor informed as to the daily work or projects progress and status of requests.
- Coordinate with the team managers and internal departments to meet client needs.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
- Strong customer service, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Maintain systematic filing practices.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Able to operate under pressurized situations with time sensitive deadlines.
- Attention to details.
- Comfortable leading and motivating others.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities to assist the team.
- Strong knowledge of asset servicing and strong understanding of domestic and international markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with global operating parties in an efficient manner, considering cultural differences.
- Numeracy / literacy skills.
- Pc literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using ms office.
- Strong organizational and communications skills as well as team orientation.
- Fluency in english required.
- French skills (writing + speaking) – for french teams only
Level of Education:
- Accountancy or business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level of Experience:
- 2+ years of financial services experience, preferably with accounting and custody exposure, and knowledge of financial market activities and transactions. Past client service experience would be advantageous