Robert Half Finance & Accounting are representing a Housing Association based in Watford. They are currently seeking for a Payroll Analyst. The accounts function is relatively small (seven people at present) and the reason for this vacancy is internal promotion.
The successful person will provide an effective payroll service ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies as required. To administer the company insurances and work with senior staff to assist with budgeting and forecasting of staff costs. The payroll consist of 100 employees.
- Ensure salary details are accurate including variable data, authorised and submitted on or before deadline
- Maintain confidentiality of payroll data in line with Data protection regulations and good professional practice
- Produce monthly payroll journal and reconcile to the ledgers and payroll reports
- Provide staff cost information to senior staff to assist them to manage their budgets and further work with them to produce budgets and forecasts
- Resolve queries with payroll and pension related agencies such as HMRC, LPFA/LGPS, Pension advisors, Herts CC
- Ensure timely delivery of pension and payroll returns i.e. P11D, P60, PSA
- Maintain awareness of legislative changes affecting payroll, pensions and insurance
- Administer the payroll and pension process including maintaining and updating procedure documentation
- Administer and complete returns for CIS
- Support and manage the administration of company insurance schemes
- Provide cover and support to the Finance & HR team for absence and workload peaks
- You will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties/projects as required by your line manager/senior manager.
The successful candidate will be able to easily engage with a variety of people and enjoy working as part of a team. They will have a good attention to detail with a detailed knowledge of payroll and insurance and be able to work to strict deadlines.
You must have experience of working in payroll, sound knowledge of payroll best practice and applicable employment legislation. You must be able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and manage a complex workload. Good and relevant awareness of DPA is desired but not critical.
My client are a large and well reputable Housing Association.
Salary & Benefits
The role of Payroll Analyst is paying up to £28,000. There is also an excellent bonus, pension. 25 days holidays, free parking and other company specific benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.