Head of Finance
5 days left
- Level of qualification
To provider leadership of the college finances to enable effective planning, budgeting and monitoring, ensuring accurate and timely financial information to key stakeholders.
Forward Thinking, ambitious College in the North West with a collaborative culture
- To be proactive and provide leadership and line management support for the Finance department to meet the organisation's strategic and operational objectives
- To provide financial information to key stakeholders of the college, as required.
- To lead and be responsible for the monthly, termly and annual income and expenditure reporting ensuring that information produced is robust, accurate and owned by appropriate individuals
- Provide insightful commentaries to support the monthly management accounts.
- Encourage and demonstrate strong cost control and the pursuit of efficiency and value for money.
- To lead and be responsible for planning, financial analysis and budgeting and forecasting of college finances, as required.
- To provide support to develop the Finance team and other key managers knowledge of financial systems and processes to enable timely planning and reporting of key information.
- Ensure that a strong financial control environment exists and that Group Financial policies and the Financial Regulations are complied with.
- To work closely with colleagues, including colleagues, particularly for finance-related information.
- To lead on the preparation, implementation and monitoring of contracts and sub-contracts.
- To provide financial insight to the college supporting decision making and the preparation of financial analysis and business cases.
- To participate in the College's self-assessment and service standards reporting system
- To participate in the College's Annual Appraisal Review and undertake staff development as appropriate to ensure continuous professional updating.
- To cover for Finance colleagues in their absence
- Comply with College financial regulations and any other College policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of this post.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant
- Ideally with experience in further or higher education
- Must have managed a team before
35 days holiday + bank holidays