(CONTRACT) - Due Diligence Officer (Analyst Level)
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the Due Diligence Team's objectives is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
The team is responsible for 3 main activities:
- Prioritization of on-boarding with additional focus on Tier 1 potential clients
- Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, analysis)
- This team is also responsible for recertification, annual review, process
The responsibilities of Due Diligence Officer (Analyst level) will be diverse and varying, reliant on work required to be actioned:
- Name screening including use of internal and vendor systems.
- Taking responsibility for completion of portfolio of clients for New Onboarding (Flow) or Recertification.
- Ad-hoc Project related work including remediation and data cleansing. Scope of such projects may be diverse, ranging from direct client communications to maintenance of client data in internal Goldensource KYC system.
- Working collaboratively with Due Diligence peers in Hong Kong and APAC region.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Bachelors level degree or professional qualification