Analyst Market Risk
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
About Capital & Risk Information Services (CRIS)
The Standard Market Risk team within the Capital &Risk Information Services (CRIS) is responsible for assisting Business management, Risk managers and Regulators in the daily management of Market risk by producing, monitoring and analysing Market Risk measures.
The role holder will be responsible for supporting Standard Market Risk Reporting team in Singapore with below:
- Complete/ deliver the assigned tasks related to standard market risk rwa calculations/ processes.
- To be point of contact and liaise with key stakeholders to explain/ confirm material rwa movements.
- To be familiar with all relevant control frameworks and ensure that our processes/ deliverables are in compliance. Able to support internal/ external audit queries if required.
- Participate and lead strategic CRIS projects where needed, particularly with system UAT testings.
- Understand latest regulatory rules/ changes and corresponding rwa treatment.
- Collation and production and reporting of management information relating to Barclays total Basel III RWAs (Risk Weighted Assets) to enable senior management and business line heads to monitor business levels and fluctuations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- The provision of commentaries and various value added data to facilitate the timely production of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting packs.
- Assisting others, as necessary, in the production of the final PRA returns, CoREP and Pillar 3 reporting.
- Liaising with other areas of the business globally including Treasury, Product Control, IT, Statutory Reporting, Operations and the Barclays Group Regulatory and Treasury teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of reporting.
- To consistently meet reporting deadlines and to deliver against overall targets.
- Working within a team where there will be a requirement to cross train with others for the provision of cover.
- Ensure completeness of reporting by reconciling the balances used for reporting against the final balance sheet values.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of static data through reconciliations and review.
- Responding to ad hoc queries from the business or other internal stakeholders, ensuring a swift response and compliance with the internal policy around the distribution of sensitive data.
- Involvement in projects on systems/process updates and testing the implementation of these as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining controls around manual hand-in's and complex formulas and bring any limitations in current process and controls to the attention of senior management.
- Basic understanding of Basel III Market risk calculation rules and familiar with wider regulatory reporting framework.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel in relation to large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Qlikview with the ability to run and modify reports would be preferable.
- Logical thinker comfortable with a changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Delivery oriented.
- Strong team focus.
- Controls focus.
- Financial Services industry experience
- Willing not only to embrace change but to actively look for improvements in current work practices.
- Knowledge of PRA regulatory capital requirements. Practical knowledge of Equities or Interest rate capital calculation will be a plus.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .