Merchandising Finance Analyst
5 days left
- Level of qualification
- Part qualified
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Merchandising Financial Analyst to join a major retail brand business based in Street, Salary up to £40,000 + excellent Benefits.
- Support the Merchandising team to drive profitability, through understanding and challenging of key areas
- Lead the financial management of the range selection process, identifying and assisting the business to manage all risks and opportunities for the ranges
- Supporting the delivery of consolidated Merchandising financial analysis across all distribution channels for range selection, Budget, forecasts and five year planning cycles with the Finance Manager
- Supporting Merchandising in evaluating and communicating actual trading performance (Reporting) (e.g. understanding of price and range conditions) inclusive of critical out-turn recommendations utilising trends
- Supporting the Merchandising team with key promotional analysis, highlighting trends to look to drive profitability.
- Supporting the identification, development and delivery of financial solutions and challenges for the Merchandising team to maximise the overall financial returns and deployment process ensuring profit is delivered through commercial insight
- Lead the margin management process through the range selection, working closely with Merchandising and Merchandising finance manager. Monitoring margins achieved against planned margins. Identifying and explaining variances.
- Support the management of the Budget, quarterly forecast and 5Y planning process for all assigned business objectives, coordinating the release of Merchandising financial assumptions to each of the distribution channels and acting as the key business unit contact
- Owner of Monday European Retailing trading pack, ensuring it meets the needs of ERLT members, is accurate and on time. Out-turn managed across Merchandising & Digital trading teams and challenged using commercial understanding of trade drivers and current economic situation
- Supporting the Merchandising team in their regular trading, operational and merchandising forecast meetings, providing financial insight and counsel. Owning the finance out-turn to assist seasonal challenge into the process earlier than in season trading
- Owner of Currency forecasting for Retailing Finance, ensuring risks and opportunities highlighted in a timely manner and a consistent communication is maintained with key stakeholders. Delivered to Treasury with accuracy and timing being of key importance to the group cash flow forecasting process
- Lead liaison with the Trading planning team in creation and maintaining promo library, to recommend appropriate activity to stimulate trade and manage balance of margin achievement vs Brand strategy
- Studying towards ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent or Qualified.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Great Excel (V Look-ups, Pivot Tables)
- Experience in Detailed balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong skills of analysis
- Stakeholder engagement
Salary & Benefits
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Financial Analyst to join a major retail brand business based in Street, Salary up to £40,000 + excellent Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Apply for Merchandising Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly