Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
Robert half are exclusively recruiting for a not for profit organisation in Bristol, the position has become available due to a recent restructure at a senior level. The office is quite fast paced and at time it will be purchase ledger heavy, you can tell by the atmosphere that everyone is really invested it the bigger picture.
Main areas of operation
- Purchase Ledger operations
- Purchase Order System administration
- Other regular duties, including petty cash administration, company credit card administration, banking and filing
- Timely input of supplier invoices onto the Exchequer system.
- Accurate coding of invoices.
- Ensuring all invoices are authorised for payment or marked as in query.
- Preparing and checking the fortnightly supplier Payment Run.
- Allocating payments on the system.
- Regular review of aged creditors and invoices in query to ensure these are being followed up and resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Respond to supplier and internal customer queries.
- Monitor the purchase ledger e-mail account.
Purchase Order System
- Purchase Order System administration including setting up new users, suppliers and departments.
- Train new starters on the Purchase Order process and how to use the system and support user queries.
Other Regular Duties
- Processing payment requests
- Petty cash monitoring and monthly journals
- Opening Finance department post
- Filing of invoices, direct debit forms and other finance documents and sending these to external archive annually.
- Administration of company credit cards including sending out and checking statements, coding transactions and posting these to the ledger
- Supporting other members of the Finance team during busy periods and periods of absence as required
- 27 days holiday+ bank holidays
- Pension scheme
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.