Interim Project Accountant
This is a really high profile piece of work with 2 large organisations in South Wales.
My client is leading a major JV project based in South Wales.
2 large organisations have entered into a collaborative partnership.
Due to the size and complexities of the project, a phased approach has been adopted. A collaboration team has been established, who are currently working on Phase 1 of the project, to deliver improvements to one party and the on boarding of the 2nd party.
The project objectives include the alignment of policies, procedures and processes across all business functions. The adoption of a one solution has provided the opportunity to develop consistent approaches across both organisations through mirrored automated business processes to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective back office functions.
The Project Accountant shall lead the development of aligned financial policies, procedures and business processes that will provide robust financial controls that adhere to the organisation's governance frameworks, standing orders and satisfy accounting standards requirements specifically:
- Budget preparation allocation and control;
- debtors invoices;
- accounts payable;
- financial control procedures;
- budget reporting;
- cash and safes;
- treasury management and banking arrangements;
- statistical returns and monitoring secondments.
The overall scope shall include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that the financial policies and procedures provide a robust financial control framework
- Review current processes to identify areas for improvement and remove duplication of effort
- Work with both parties to identify and document best practice and common approaches
- Review proposed system solutions to ensure compliance with financial controls and standing orders
- Liaise with auditors during the development of the financial policies, procedures and processes to ensure acceptable financial controls are in being put in place
- Ensure appropriate consultation with both parties Financial Directors is undertaken during the development stage of the financial policies
- Assist in the production of detailed implementation plans that clearly define the priorities and milestone
- Produce a transitional plan with key activities and resources to ensure minimum impact and disruption on the business
- Ensure relevant user guidance documentation and training materials are produced to support the delivery of user training sessions where require
- Facilitate workshops with both parties colleagues to develop business processes
- Develop the training programme for the finance colleagues
The Project Accountant shall be a CCAB Member who can demonstrate the skills and abilities necessary to research, develop and finalise the financial control procedures to support the new system.
* Experience of producing financial policies and procedures documentation
* Good understand of financial processes and systems and the interdependencies with other areas of the business and systems
* Demonstrate a proven track record of leading a change management programme to deliver improvements and smarter ways of working
* Experience of working in role of influence within a collaborative environment
* Some knowledge / experience of integrated IT systems
* Proficient of working with Microsoft Office tools
* Proven ability to form effective working relationships with key customers, stakeholders and colleagues within a complex management structure
* Ideally has experience of working within a public sector environment
* The ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads and to manage expectations and deliver to key deadlines
* Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as a member of a team
* A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrates an ability to develop, implement and improve business processes
An initial 3 month assignment starting asap.
Salary negotiable around the £200 - 300 per day mark