Systems Accountant - 2 Year Contract
3 days left
- Level of qualification
This is an organisation going through significant change and looking to recruit this newly created role.
My client are a well known, prestigious organisation based near Cardiff.
This newly created role as a Systems Accountant will play a key role in the development of the accounting systems for this organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Group Financial Controller in ensuring the new Finance Solution serves the business of the Group in the most effective way possible
Key responsibilities will include;
- To plan, manage and deliver the new Finance System functionality ensuring that business needs of users are satisfactorily met.
- Plan, manage and deliver a programme of optimisation work plans, system upgrades and additional module implementation.
- To adjust and amend the programme for testing and deployment of the latest system upgrade. To manage the test programme and ensure system changes are implemented.
- To work with process owners to review and update workflows and processes to ensure efficient and effective transaction processing.
- Liaise with business users on process improvements and ensure appropriate communication of actions and results.
- To review reporting requirements across the group in-line with business needs.
- To organise training for users and develop reports as necessary
- To manage the Finance System Officers ensuring that the administration of the system is effectively managed.
- To manage support requests from Business Users.
- In respect of all system development areas, to liaise with the systems provider to ensure that developments are properly specified and that the appropriate and agreed implementation methodology is being strictly adhered to.
- Carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the line manager
You will be a fully qualified CCAB Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA)
A sound understanding of accounting processes and procedures and related financial systems.
Practical experience of accounting and financial system workflows and the challenges these can present to practical day to day operation.
An ability to challenge, sense check and support business users and an ability to translate finance department and finance user requirements into the finance system and process solutions around the system.
- An ability to present to, communicate, negotiate and challenge a broad range of stakeholders
- A rigorous attention to detail and a highly systematic and logical mindset
- Ability to communicate new processes and coach finance users on finance systems
- Experience of financial accounting in the workplace including:
- Accounts payable processes
- Invoicing and accounts receivable processes
- General ledger management including journal posting, bank reconciliation and internal control management
- Experience of communicating financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Experience of working with finance systems
- Experience of implementing a new finance system
An initial 2 year contract.
Salary in the range of £40500 - £47000
39 days annual leave
career average pension