My client is looking to appoint their first Financial Director to the business and they are based in North Lincolnshire. They have seen significant growth over recent years both organically and by acquisition.
This North Lincolnshire based client is a leading manufacturing business within their market. They have been established for around 30 years and have a group turnover of £30m+.
This role will suit a self-motivated, proactive individual, able to operate at a senior level co-ordinating and managing all financial and management accounting and identifying opportunities for business growth and market trends.
The role will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company and report to the Board of Directors and shareholders.
- Control of all financial transactions, accounting matters and timesheet processing function
- Provide leadership and guidance to accounts and admin team
- Review cash flows on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Submit weekly flash for sales, gross margin and new business to the Board
- Review and finalise the monthly management accounts
- Prepare monthly report to the Board and company bankers
- Prepare Board report for presentation at quarterly shareholders meetings
- Perform the company secretarial function ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Prepare annual budget and 3 year business plan
- Attend quarterly sales team target setting meetings
- Maintain the rolling forecast assumptions of the business plan on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Take overall responsibility for year-end audit and internal control systems
- Responsibility for preparation of annual financial statements
- Control and manage company tax strategy
- Provide taxation information to shareholder accountants and manage shareholder payments on account
Candidates must demonstrate a solid track record in a similar senior finance role with proven ability to operate effectively in a manufacturing environment. The role may suit a Financial Controller looking for a step up to a FD role but you must be able to demonstrate the relevant experience and gravitas to move to the next level. You will be able to engage and work well with individuals across all departments within the company and form a close working relationship with the Board of Directors and Management team. You will have strong commercial acumen, someone who thinks strategically, analytically and takes a proactive approach to finding effective solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant ACA, CIMA or ACCA with at least 5 years PQE. A background within manufacturing is essential. You will be comfortable supervising a finance function, being hands on and also influencing at Board level. The right candidate will also have an enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated personality and the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and way of working. The ability to implement new strategies and improve processes efficiently and effectively - identifying pragmatic solutions that can be developed and sustained. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential.
An Excellent Package + Benefits