Financial Reporting Manager
1 day left
- Level of qualification
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the Balance Sheet, Accruals, Payroll, VAT, Corporate TAX and lead the audit process.
The clients is a well established and incredibly interesting scientific research and development organisation based within South West London. This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work with a brilliant finance team in a collaborative environment.
- Lead and coordination the delivery of the management and financial accounts, and statutory reporting.
- Ensure that correct accounting practice and processes are adhered to within the finance team. Implement efficiency and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure the Financial controls continue to be of high standard and support Audit committee chair in role based management.
- Key role on the monthly management accounts, controlling the balance sheet and ensuring all accounts are reconciled to the highest standard. Input to the production of annual business plans and quarterly forecasts, balance sheet and cash flow forecast
- Responsibility for the Fixed assets accounting cycle
- Responsibility for all regulatory returns
- Responsibility for the Pension accounting
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Management of PAYE returns and processes
- Responsibility for the VAT returns and contact with external auditors and advisers such as EY, KPMG; manage Statutory Audit process
- Manage and train an accounting technician
- Delegate relevant work and review output to ensure continued professional development and to maximise business partnering opportunities.Proactively identify and perform other ad hoc finance activities as requested by the Financial Controller or the Finance Director
- Strong grounding in accountancy, P&L/BS and experience of production of statutory accounts.
- Extensive experience of preparing company accounts
- Experience of working within industry
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Strong leadership abilities with experience of managing a team
- Diligent and organised to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and interactive style
- A problem solver with a hands on and dynamic approach
- Excellent Excel skills, good Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience of preparation of PAYE, Corporation Tax and VAT returns
- Flexibility and experience of business change
- Preferably experience of group reporting software
This role comes with a competitive salary