Derivatives Specialist, Associate 1-Full Time
The team in Poland deals with the complex futures and options processing, for the entire European exchange traded derivatives Centre of Excellence book of business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing banks and client service teams on all sites.
Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that transactions are processed accurately and on time for our clients’ funds Ensure that the client instructions are processed and reconciled versus clearing broker statements
- Point of expertise for complex transaction processing
- Point of contact for any routine queries raised by an internal department
- Daily communication with Investment Manager on outstanding items in conjunction with Team Leader/ members of the corresponding departments / sites
- Resolution of outstanding issues from other departments, e.g. Fund Accounting, Shareholder Services, Financial Control
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modeling for new fund structures where appropriate, including requirement to actively participate in meetings
- Assist with internal/external related audit queries
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Ensure that relevant reporting is prepared and reviewed
- Prepare and Maintain Document process flows and procedures
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates on as needed basis
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent numerical and analytical abilities.
- Working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
Level Of Education:
University Students or Graduates.
Previous Level Of Experience:
Experience in a commercial environment such as banking or insurance would be advantageous.
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills
- Good command of English