Assistant Financial Controller
This role offers fantastic career development opportunities within a large finance department in a high profile prestigious firm.
A reputable and rapidly growing business holding a prominent position in the sales and management industry across a global market. Growth has been enhanced by the company's cash rich and agile nature.
Key responsibilities include:
Ownership of key Volume and Margin Reconciliations in order to understand business performance and ensure operations are working effectively
- Develop Business Partner relationships with European Country Managers, becoming a focal point for communications and queries
- Identification of business risks and performance of monthly control procedures including Purchase Reconciliations
- Commercial review and analysis of customer margins, and ability to clearly and concisely explain variances to key stakeholders
- Production of weekly Management Reporting and analysis
- Production and presentation of monthly performance analysis
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the finance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team
- Management and supervision of team member(s)
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to graduate trainees, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within
This great opportunity requires strong technical accounting, advanced Excel skills (including experience of creating and using Pivot Tables and V-Look Up) and strong commercial awareness.
An ability to foster strong working relationships within the Finance team and across the organisation is essential.
The candidate must also have an enthusiasm to take on new challenges in order to develop their own career and able to work under pressure and effectively to achieve strict deadlines and targets.
Must be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified and educated to degree level, minimum 2:1.
Competitive salary and annual bonus offered. Excellent career progression opportunities and additional benefits available including
- Group life insurance policy
- Subsidised gym membership
- Great pension scheme