5 days left
- Level of qualification
I am currently working with a large services business in Devon who are looking for a technically strong Finance Manager to join their team. It would suit a Finance Manager with good management skills who will be able to build relationships across the business and provide accurate and timely reporting.
A fantastic opportunity to join a large Business Services company with clients in various sectors across the UK.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the key accountabilities of the Finance Manager will be to:
- Ensure the provision of monthly and annual accounts, budgets, rolling forecasts and strategic plans to agreed business timetables;
- Liaise with and support Operational Management teams to provide a high level of financial expertise;
- Use financial information to constructively challenge business activity in order to increase profits and improve efficiencies;
- Forecast and manage weekly cash-flows;
- Provide support in bidding activity, including co-ordinating and presenting bid financial information to the BU Management team;
- Support and manage internal and external audit requirements, including ensuring timely resolution of audit findings and comments;
- Work with other members of the finance team to drive forward continuous improvement;
- Be responsible for tight balance sheet management and control (with regular balance sheet and contract reviews);
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Operations Director / Regional Managers / Head of Finance;
- Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Comply with Company policies & procedures and the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Work with reporting team to forecast and manage weekly cash-flows and assist Head of Finance with consolidation activity for all reporting.
The successful Finance Manager will:
- Be qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA with at substantial post qualification experience;
- Have strong financial reporting and costs analysis;
- Be commercially astute;
- Have people management experience;
- Be able to prepare and present difficult and complex financial/operational information in a simple and meaningful way;
- Be numerically literate and able to understand and manipulate financial models;
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Have a high level of computer literacy;
- Have advanced Excel skills;
- Be an experienced user of Navision and/or SAP (advantageous).