Senior Communications and Marketing Manager, Assistant Vice President
The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing, developing and executing the internal communications strategy for Poland (approximately 70%). In addition, the role will supervise the local external marketing and communications programs (approximately 30%). The role reports to the Chief of Staff for Poland and the head of Marketing for Central Europe and manages the Poland communications team (currently 2 team members).
- Oversees, develops and executes the internal and external communications program to connect employees with the local strategy, priorities, goals and corporate initiatives and drive engagement at all levels.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Supports the execution and delivery of innovative communications tactics across a variety of channels including our social intranet platform, email newsletters, video, audio, online and internal meetings and more.
- Responsible for developing and executing communication plans as needed, as well as writing content for key channels (including senior management blogs, organizational announcement emails, briefing documents, presentations etc).
- Reviews and approves the work of the local team, ensuring the highest of standards and adherence to the corporate style guide, tone and branding.
- Tracks and measures the effectiveness of internal and external communications programs and continuously makes improvements to meet objectives and ensure that the optimal processes are in place.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with local executives, stakeholders, peers and Global Marketing team members globally
- Excellent verbal and written communications and knowledge of communications best practices.
- Solid understanding of PR, social media, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and general computer proficiency.
- People management experience (minimum 2 direct reports).
- Strong project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interface with colleagues from all disciplines, backgrounds and cultures to produce content that is interesting and relevant.
- Must be a highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment—both independently and as a dedicated team member.
Education and Experience
- Approximately 8-10 years of communications experience.
- University degree, in a marketing communications-related discipline preferable.
- Experience of working in large and complex global organizations (Financial services experience will be an asset).
- Fluency in both Polish and English.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities.