Financial Reporting Team Leader
Reporting to Financial Reporting Manager (Officer), this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department of the leading fund administrator
You will be responsible for managing a team of specialists preparing financial statements of investment funds
- Plan, manage and take responsibility for the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources,
- Support the team in addressing more complex tasks and provide help with preparation and review of financial statements, as required.
- Lead and motivate staff,
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements,
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team,
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work and ad-hoc requests
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar. Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous and will have 1-2 years manager experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in managing a team
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and work in a high pressure environment.
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP and UK SORP would be advantageous
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work