Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently working with a fantastic growing business based in Bristol in their recruitment of a Finance Manager on a permanent contract. The position will pay up to £53,000 + strong benefits. The role holder will be responsible for providing oversight over the production of management accounts, budgets and other financial analysis necessary to enable the business to make well informed commercial decisions.
- Oversee all applicable month end close processes and activities
- Apply costing methods and explain advantages and disadvantages
- Produce periodic management accounts across the business down to gross margin
- Provide commentary and analysis to support period movements against budgets/ forecasts for both P&L and operating margin
- Prepare analysis and reports that enable the business to effectively challenge costs and inform decision making
- Sign off on the completion of full and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure accounting is in line with IFRS
- Manage a team of management accountants - maintaining their personal development plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of new accounting & reporting initiatives and determine the resulting impact
- Ensure the P&L and balance sheet appropriately reflects up to date thoughts and activities within the business
- Produce and present budget & forecast numbers for refinement and challenge by senior stakeholders within the business
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified (Top 10 background is preferred)
- Excellent communication skills - strong presentation and communication skills and proven experience of working with senior management
- Proven experience in impacting business performance through effective commercial analysis
- Excellent Office skills - Excel
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong management accounting skills
- Previous line manager or supervisory experience
A very reputable technology business with a strong foothold in the UK market - growing rapidly within the international arena. An investor in their people, with great progression prospects for ambitious employees.
Salary and Benefits:
The Finance Manager will be offered a salary between £45,000-£53,000 + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.