CIB - F&BM - Legal Entity Controller - Analyst - Hong Kong
JPMorgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Hong Kong is the regional headquarters for JPMorgan's Asia Pacific business, which operates in more than 35 offices across 16 countries. Having launched nearly 90 years ago through a heritage firm, JPMorgan is one of Hong Kong's longest established foreign financial services businesses.
The Hong Kong Legal Entity Controller (“LEC”) Team's main objective is to ensure an effective financial control environment for the location exists. Responsibilities include Regulatory, Documentation and Reporting, Risks and Controls and Strategy.
The LEC Team interacts and collaborates with all lines of business present in Asia that have activity in that legal entity to ensure that legal entity implications (e.g., accounting policy, regulatory reporting, capital, etc) of transactions are considered and with relevant stakeholders, including Product Controllers, Business Managers, P&A, Tax, Operation, Legal & Compliance, Internal and External Audit.
- Prepare regulatory returns and financial reports of the Bank;
- Monitor compliance with various regulatory limits;
- Identify business requirements to support regulatory reporting;
- Coordinate with line of business controllers and other teams to provide correct and complete data for regulatory reporting;
- Participate in local regulatory reporting automation project;
- Participate in user acceptance testing and other system testing;
- Maintain and enhance internal controls on the return preparation processes;
- Participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Accounting / Finance background - with sound technical and business knowledge;
- With at least 3 years relevant working experience;
- Working experience on HKMA return preparation preferred;
- Detail minded, highly motivated, strong analytical and time management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Control and efficiency mindset;
- Good team player.
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance or relevant discipline or qualified accountants