HK Compliance Officer, Regional AML (Treasury and Trade Solutions), Senior Vice President
- Primary Location: HK,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Other Location: Malaysia,Wilayah Persekutuan,Kuala Lumpur
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17049589
The role reports to the Deputy Head of Regional AML Compliance for the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) and is required to provide Regional AML Compliance support and oversight for the Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) business.
- The primary responsibility will be as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting and advising the Regional TTS Business on AML Compliance matters
- Liaising with the business and in-country APAC AML compliance teams to ensure Compliance with the Citi AML Program and provide advice on the AML considerations needed for the product and service offerings of TTS
- Oversight for AML programs relating to Money Service Businesses , New Payment Methods, Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking and other TTS related areas
- Review, coordinate and provide feedback on AML risk assessments for new and amended products
- Identify areas of potential risk and assist businesses and country teams to manage those risks
- Review and provide feedback on enterprise wide and "horizontal" or themed risk assessments
- Participate on behalf of the APAC AML Compliance team in Global and Regional governance calls
- Facilitate Regional Governance calls if required
- Act as an escalation point for Trade Surveillance Red Flag / transaction clearance
- Support the implementation and training needs relating to new policies and standards
- Support APAC country AML teams in regulatory exam activities
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate must be a university graduate and have at least 7 years of related experience in Anti-Money Laundering Compliance, Banking or control-related function in the financial service industry. The candidate must have a strong understanding of AML risks and typologies and be able to assist the Citi business to identify any areas of weakness and design strategies to address those risks. Knowledge of correspondent, money service businesses and corporate banking would be a strong advantage. Preference will be given to candidates with AML/ Compliance/ Legal/ regulatory / audit background and/or internal candidates who can demonstrate a firm understanding of Citi AML policies and procedures, and an overall appreciation of Citi's AML compliance environment.
The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely and confidently within the AML team and the business. Strong analytical and organizational skills are also necessary. He or she will also need to be able to work autonomously as an effective member of a dynamic team.
Effective communication, both written and oral, is crucial to successful job performance. Mandarin speaker is an advantage, but not mandatory.