AVP/Senior Associate, Data Scientist - Data Analytics & Automation Revolution Team...
Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls.
- Partner with audit specialists across various banking functions to assess business needs and identify opportunities to apply data analytics.
- Define analytical strategy to address identified opportunities, including analytical approaches, data and technology requirements.
- Develop models and perform statistical analysis to identify key areas of risk and predict risk events, across a range of banking functions.
- Present key findings to senior management and/or other stakeholders with actionable recommendations.
- Work with other data scientists in the team to drive projects.
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in data mining and machine learning on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical models.
- Good mathematical and statistics background, including the ability to translate business problems and requirements into mathematical formulations.
- Proficient in data manipulation and analysis.
- Proficiency in R, Python, or other statistical software required. Experience in Big Data technology stack is a plus.
- Ability to present analysis in a manner accessible by non-statisticians through data visualisation techniques.
- Independent self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Has a ‘can-do' attitude.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.