Tax Consultant - Corporate Tax
• Complete drafting statutory accounts, compile information required to draft statutory disclosures, co-ordinate completion of tax disclosures, supporting external financial statement audit, prepare GAAP adjustments and and resolve queries raised.
• Coordinate and monitor the completion of statutory audit to enable compliance against statutory deadlines
• Perform the Group's Tax reporting process, including organising deliverables key stakeholders, calculating material GAAP adjustments and preparing tax computations.
• Co-ordinate corporate tax compliance processes
Analyze tax sensitive account codes to determine tax treatment
Source data required for the tax return not derived from the General Ledger or Fixed Asset register (e.g. information required to calculate R&D tax credit).
Resolve queries raised during tax return process and perform review of draft tax return.
Estimate forecast profitability for the purposes of estimating interim tax payments
Monitor the tax accounts and reconcile balances back to tax authority records and submitted tax returns.
Prepare withholding tax clearances and other ad hoc tax filings required.
Monitor tax risks and review quarterly risk questionnaire
• Prepare Indirect Tax and statistical returns
Sales, purchase and miscellaneous transaction review including invoice sampling;
Resolution of exception items;
Correction of errors found, including any consequent GL postings;
Clear and complete documentation of the above
• Gathering relevant financial information to calculate relevant intra group pricing of products and services according to transfer pricing framework
• Carry out historical review of legal entity profitability to ensure compliance with Transfer pricing policies, liaising with Global Tax on exceptions and material markets
• Co-ordination of tax and TP audits, liaising with FD in market and Global Tax to provide support in responding to queries and resolving tax disputes.
• Ensuring Market specific document retention requirements relating to statutory reports, taxes and TP are met;
• Engage with stakeholders and external authorities to obtain information in order to meet deliverables
• Manage the statutory audit process liaising with the outsource provider, the market FDs and internal and external audit
• Other support and analysis activities as required to support the needs of Global Tax and/or Market Finance Partners/FDs.
• Validate the accuracy and reasonableness of data for financial and tax reporting
• Seek continuous improvement opportunities for changes to improve efficiency
• Work closely with business contacts not based in KL
• Present statutory and tax deliverables to Finance Directors and other key stakeholders in order to provide them assurance in the quality of deliverables for signature
• ACCA, CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification is preferred
• An understanding of the wider principles of Statutory Reporting, Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing with demonstrable experience in at least or preferably more of these principles
• Demonstrate strong fundamentals in accounting knowledge
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• Must be fluent in English - both written and spoken
• SAP experience is an asset
• Excellent business and financial acumen with experience in financial analysis and reporting
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and show initiative
• Financial modeling skills/high level of competence using Excel
• Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail
• Ability to communicate at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work with dispersed teams and multicultural teams
• Capable of leading change projects