Client Risk Officer with a focus on IT controls
2 days left
The Client Risk Officer role is based in our Sydney office, but with a regional focus. The role will report to the Sydney Head of Risk. In order to ensure our clients are operating within the boundaries of our risk controls, this role will perform reviews and execute projects to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of operational (IT) risk controls implemented by our clients.
Key components of the role:
- Translates the risk appetite of company into operational programs, procedures and guidelines. Assess the quality of implemented pre- and post-trade controls, including organisation and infrastructure, at the client side.
- Initiates, develops and coordinates risk reviews
- Assesses the architecture, IT development and general IT Controls of our clients;
- Assesses the business continuity controls of the client organisation
- Discusses and reports results with clients and company management
- Keeps up with market developments and regulations and advises about required adjustments within our company standards.
Preferred Experience, Expertise & Skills:
- Educational background, degree preferable, or alternative business related experience.
- Knowledge of market environment and developments;
- Knowledge of industry wide audit standards at a masters level;
- Knowledge of external regulations applicable to market participants;
- Knowledge of market infrastructure and systems;
- Knowledge of operational (IT) Risk and auditing processes.
- Knowledge of architectural principles, IT development cycle, general IT controls, IT security and business continuity management;
- Knowledge of trading procedures, processes and regulations.
- Knowledge of trading software, IT, providers and vendors.
- Communication and Negotiation skills - requirement to exchange, and source, information to/ from internal and external stakeholders
- Background in IT and operational risk management within clearing or major market maker is advantageous
- ISACA certification (or similar) has a preference
- 5 years relevant/similar working experience.
We are looking for a hands-on candidate who has a professional approach, subject matter expert and has the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines. In return you will gain exposure with a top global organisation that values their employees. If you think you are what we are looking for, please apply now.
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful for an interview.