Interim Financial Project Accountant
Technically focused and newly created role playing a key part in an ongoing project. A varied position which will change as time goes on.
Our Client are a leading firm in the Insurance / Financial Services sector
Key responsibilities will include:
- Playing a leading role on a project regarding the implementation of a new policy system
- Detailed testing of the new system as well as ongoing integration and maintenance
- Ad hoc assistance with other projects across the team
- Wider interaction and support across the team as a whole on both a technical and commercial level
- Taking responsibility for the production of financial information and statutory returns in accordance with the prescribed timescales
- Jointly developing financial reporting tools as required to reflect changing business needs to support continuous process improvement
- Maintaining financial expenditure control for the legal entity and associated cost reductions to help achieve the Business Plan
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of an effective relationship with external auditors
- Contributing to the delivery of timely, relevant and accurate financial information, support and guidance to management
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Have strong technical accounting knowledge and background (including a thorough understanding of financial controls and financial reporting)
- Possess strong team leadership skills with effective motivational and coaching skills, as well as persuasive verbal and written communication skills
- Have effective organisational skills to deliver accurate work under pressure against agreed deadlines
- Ideally have ample experience in the Insurance and/or Financial Services sectors
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Be comfortable working alone as well as part of a team and be a sure 'self-starter'
- Be available to start at short notice
Our Client is offering the chance to join their leading organisation with a prompt start date at a competitive day rate. This role is newly created and is expected to last for approximately six months.