Accounts Assistant- Witney
Accounts Assistant job opportunity working within a large company offering lots of progression opportunities long term, as well as study support and a leading accounts training programme.
A large, well known organisation in Witney with sites and operations across the UK. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work alongside a mixture of studying and qualified accountants. This role offers a lot of varied responsibilities and the opportunity of progression long term.
Within this role, the successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Daily release of stock depending on account balances and overdue positions
- Daily chasing for payment to ensure overdue balances remain minimal
- Posting of invoices and payment allocation
- Monthly issuing of statements of account
- Raising and posting of debit/credit notes for faulty items and discrepancies
- Maintenance of debt security for franchise accounts (mainly standby letters of credit)
- Calculation and posting of margin accruals
- Quarterly invoicing
- Month-end income accruals
- Wholesale Accounts
- Timely processing of invoices based on stock movements
- Payment allocation; Credit control
- Perform various month-end reconciliations as allocated by Finance Management
- Occasionally carry out due diligence checks on potential franchise partners
- Building good working relationships with Merchandising, Exports and Franchise/Licensing/Wholesale Partners to ensure efficient operation of accounts and timely problem resolution
- Liaising with auditors
- Ad hoc duties as required to support the wider team.
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to have had exposure to a varied transactional accounts role previously and will ideally be studying towards a professional accounts qualification.
A starting salary of between £22,000- £25,000
Generous holiday allowance
Good pension scheme