CIB F&BM - Asia Debt Capital Markets Business Manager - Associate/Vice President
J.P.Morgan Asia Debt Capital Markets (DCM) business continues to be a key player in issuance for the region. The business originates, structures, prices and executes High Grade, High Yield and Syndicated Leverage Finance deals for clients into Asia Pacific markets. The business works very closely with coverage teams and other corporate finance businesses, as well as with Markets businesses. The client-base includes major corporations as well as financial institutions.
The Business manager role sits within the Finance & Business Management (F&BM) department of the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). The role aims to be a trusted advisor in all aspects of Asia DCM business including strategy, people agenda, financial and competitor performance, technology and controls.
The role involves working very closely and partnering with the Capital Markets businesses and the various control and support functions in (a) assisting the business to achieve its immediate, short, medium and long term objectives, (b) making sure the business is aligned with control and support functions (such as Legal, Compliance, Operations, HR, Audit, Technology, etc.) and the associated requirements and (c) ensuring the business is in compliance with the appropriate corporate objectives and policies. The role is based in Hong Kong.
We require a VP / Associate to work with other GIB/GCB Product and Coverage Business Managers in driving the business and F&BM agenda. The role involves a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
Support DCM product team across Asia Pacific (Australia, North Asia, South & Southeast Asia and Japan)
Identification, facilitation and pursuance of business objectives and opportunities
Business reviews, resources analysis and budgetary process
Assist with the definition and implementation of cross-regional processes and procedures, reflecting risks and control requirements as well as regional nuances
Working closely with NA and EMEA counterparts, and Business Managers in other Corporate Finance and Markets businesses
Working closely with all control and support functions, and the business, in the day to day management of the business and reporting in representing the business on various ad hoc projects and forums
Perform due diligence document for new business/product for DCM
Own dealogic, Thomas Reuters and Bloomberg relationship for DCM product
- An ability to work independently and under pressure in a very dynamic environment, with an attention to detail, an eye for spotting trends, articulate in written and verbal communication who is able to present and support their own conclusions to senior audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of Investment Banking, and/or Debt, and/or Credit products, systems and processes
- A thorough understanding and appreciation of risks and controls
- An ability to multi-task and dynamically prioritize and adapt in the face of ever-changing and sometimes conflicting demands
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- An ability to build relationships and influence others, across multiple disciplines and across levels of seniority
- A self-starter with an excellent attitude, motivation and an ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with dealogic, Bloomberg, Thomas Reuters & other market data vendors (preferred)